Friday 22 April 2011

Ipswich 1, Norwich 5 - The stuff dreams are made of

What a surreal feeling today after Norwich's emphatic 5-1 win at Portman Road last night in the East Anglian derby.
Unfortunately I couldn't get a ticket for the game and as the games wasn't televised I had to listen to Radio 5 Live's excellent coverage of the game.
Any win would have been a bonus, but to go to Portman Road and return with a 5-1 victory really shows just how far we've come as a team in the 20 months or so since Paul Lambert took over from Bryan Gunn.
It really is only one year and eight months since we were getting turned over in our own back yard by Lambert's Colchester.
Sadly I feel for Ipswich - only as far as I know how I'd feel had the boot been on the other foot and they'd have left Carrow Road with a heavy win.
I'd feel incredibly low and sick of football - so that makes this thumping win even more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment