Friday 1 July 2011

I've got the new Errea Norwich City home shirt - here's what I think of it and some close-up pictures

Norwich City fans were certainly eager to see the new home shirt for the forthcoming Premier League season judging by the demand online since the successful Championship season ended in May.
I picked up my shirt in Norwich yesterday and I've got to say I really like it. I thought I'd review it on here with a few pictures, some of them close ups of what fans who haven't yet picked up the shirt can look forward to. Hopefully if you haven't managed to pick one up yet this will whet your appetite for when you do.
The shirt is available now from the club shops at Carrow Road and in the Castle Mall. It's £45 for an adult shirt and there are plenty left in stock at the moment. I got mine from Castle Mall and they had lots of different sizes right up to 4XL for all the, ahem, large fans.
I'm well built and just under 6ft and the XL shirt fits me nicely. Some fans have said the neck on the shirt is a little tight and I agree, it really is. I think after wearing it for a bit it will loosen but it does certainly feel a little tight and the material is like a kit from the 80s.
So if you've got a larger neck you may want to go up a size - I'd be interested to know what other people who have purchased the shirt think on this.
The Errea shirt is the same sort of Brazilian yellow to last seasons which I for one am all in favour of compared to the darker shade of yellow of the 2008-2010 kit. That looks really murky compared to the kits of last season and to new season's offer.
The design is smart and simple but one thing I noticed is that both the Errea and Norwich City logos seem quite high up on the shirt, certainly they seem to be higher up than ever before and that could be because the Aviva logo is so big.
I know teams in Spain put larger sponsor logos on their shirts to maximise the size on TV and the Aviva logo seems to me to be much bigger than last season.
There are some nice touches - a Levis-style Errea tab on the right side of the shirt which is something Umbro used to do, the words 'Creato in Italia' inside the neck of the shirt and the words 'On The Ball City' embroidered on the back of the shirt.
The material is a bit like those World Cup shirts from 1970 with small holes in it, and the two patches under the arms are almost mesh-like, for soaking up under-arm sweat! That should be just perfect for that nail-biting away win at Stamford Bridge next month!
I paid an extra £6 to get the Premier League patches on the side - there's a 10 per cent discount for season ticket holders so these are just 75p each if you factor that in. They can put them on for you while you wait in the shop - although one of them hasn't been put on very well as the shirt wasn't flat at the time and it has a ripple through it.
Only a minor blemish though. The shirt itself is lovely and I look forward to wearing it at Premier League grounds up and down the country in the coming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment