Thursday 5 May 2011

I've got a Champions League final ticket - but why do I feel so guilty about it?

Barcelona v Manchester United is the dream Champions League final and I for one am thrilled about it.
I’m not a supporter of either side, but whether it’s right or not I will actually be at Wembley in a little over three weeks as I have a ticket for the final. But, while I’m really looking forward to the big match, I do think it’s massively unfair that I’ve got one when thousands of United and Barcelona fans won’t be able to go to the big match.
The final whistle had only just blown at Old Trafford last night when tickets to the final were already been dubbed ‘the hottest ticket in town’ and today the internet is full of people looking for tickets.
I went into the ballot back in March for one of the 11,000 tickets that UEFA wants to sell to the general public in the host country. So, for a bit of fun I applied, not knowing who would be in the final or if I would be successful.
Obviously fans of Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester United or Arsenal had the same chance to apply, but the average Arsenal fan wasn’t realistically going to apply for a ticket costing at least £150 (mine was £225 plus a £26 booking fee) when there was a chance they would be watching Real Madrid v Schalke.
So fans of these four teams probably didn’t go into the ballot, while myself, a Norwich City fan, was able to apply and get a ticket.
It does seem a bit strange and I feel for all the United fans who would love to be in my shoes, I know how I would feel if the team I followed had made it and a fan of neither club had a ticket.
Sometimes it seems it pays to be a neutral fan and it’ll be a great game to add to my football-watching CV, but something inside me says it’s just a little bit wrong that I have this ticket, even though I’ve paid through the nose for it!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this article, I am very appriciated with it. I would like to share the information regarding online sports tickets. You can buy it with no service charge or fees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both team are excellent and the players of each team are giving good effort during the match in champion league. If you are interested for watching the game in stadium, then you can buy the Champions League Tickets through our site site. I really thankful to you for sharing the information with us.

    Buy Champions League Tickets

    ReplyDelete