Thursday 25 November 2010

Deion Branch nearly broke my foot!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans out there - I had a great night tonight celebrating the big day with my wife at home.
I made a pecan pie and then settled down at 5.30pm to watch the Patriots take on the Lions sitting in a freezing Bury St Edmunds with the fire and my Pats 1985 Irving Fryar throwback jersey on.
There's something about seeing the Pats wearing that red outfit that makes me go all warm inside - I guess it simply takes me back to being ten and getting into the NFL for the first time.
It was bad enough watching the Pats struggle in the first half of the game but worse still I had to watch the second half while eating the lovely meal my wife had made, turkey and all the trimmings, but with New England 14-3 down, it didn't taste great.
The Pats got back into it and then came the moment of the game, a massive bomb hurled by Tom Brady into the arms of Deion Branch for a 79-yard touchdown.
Watching Branch twist the blood of poor Lion Alphonso Smith was awesome. So much so that I got up, punched the air several times and then kicked my armchair.
The wife was not impressed.
The Pats won, the food was lovely and the chair survived - but with the Jets at home next week, I'm not so convinced for it's long term future.

No comments:

Post a Comment