Friday 20 January 2012

Time to welcome back our away day heroes

Norwich City's away day heroes are back at Carrow Road this weekend and boy am I looking forward to seeing them again.
Not since the home game against West Brom on September 11 have I felt so low as I did watching Norwich against Spurs the day after Boxing Day.
I normally write a bit called Ten Things We Now Know afterwards, but I struggled to find anything positive about the performance. Spurs were excellent and Gareth Bale tore us apart.
My strange end of 2011 slump continued when we faced Fulham less than four days later. I thought Fulham were good and should have beaten us - quite how important that Simeon Jackson goal will become is unknown just yet.
If we'd have lost two in a row at home in less than a week I'm convinced we'd of lost at QPR.
But what a sweet success - a late win, Joey Barton sent off and Neil Warnock ultimately sacked.
I didn't go to the FA Cup win over Burnley out of protest due to the amount of cash I've wasted in recent years watching City turn in some truly dreck performances in the competition.
But I've been so impressed with City, particularly away from home since the 5-1 mauling at Man City in early December.
We could feasibly have lost our next four on the road at Everton, Wolves, QPR and West Brom, but we've taken a brilliant eight points out of 12 and remained unbeaten.
I was at Stamford Bridge in August when City put in their first sit-up-and-take-note performance of the season against one of the Premier League big boys, but I am sure we can give Gary Cahill a decent test in his first game in a Chelsea shirt on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment