Wednesday 1 June 2011

Big respect to outgoing Programme Monthly editor John Litster who is retiring after 30 years

After a staggering 363 issues Programme Monthly founder and editor John Litster is hanging up his keyboard and stepping down as editor of the monthly bible for programme collectors.
Scot John, who lives in Norwich, recently celebrated 30 years in the hot seat of the magazine which features news, articles and features on all that's going on in the football programme world.
As a former newspaper editor myself I know the huge amount of work and effort that goes into each edition and although I've far from been a regular reader over the last three decades, I've always been impressed when I've picked up the magazine.
Recently I've written the odd article and featured both my books in the fine publication and I was really proud that the final book to be reviewed under the John Litster regime in the Bookshelf book was my novel, Memorabilia, which is fundamentally about collecting football programmes.
John is selling parts of his collection and will still be involved in the world of collecting, just not spending hours upon hours each month editing Programme Monthly.
Good luck to the new production team, it's a great cult magazine that's done superbly well to last for such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment